Neil deGrasse Tyson explains the logic behind the leap year, with a brief history in calendars as well.
28 February 2016
The annual Academy Awards, Hollywood’s biggest and most glamorous event, will air this Sunday night. Amid the excitement, there is some controversy. For the second year in a row, there are no nominees of color in the acting categories. The lack of diversity in nominees could reflect a larger pattern in the industry since many of Hollywood’s most influential people, both in front of and behind the camera, are white. Listen to this story and answer these questions:
- How is the racial makeup of the Academy’s voting body relevant to this story?
- According to Bobby Rivers, why do many talented actors of color transition from movies to T.V.?
- How might this situation be different if there were more people of color working within the industry?
- In what ways could famous white actors intervene to affect change?
- Do you think it’s important for Hollywood to recognize diverse actors?
- Should there be more diversity at Oscars?
- What steps could the movie industry take to encourage more diversity?
24 February 2016
20 February 2016
18 February 2016
Watch Jean-Claude Van Damme carry out his famous split between two reversing trucks. Never done before, JCVD says it's the most epic of splits -- what do you think?
This live test was set up to demonstrate the precision and directional stability of Volvo Dynamic Steering -- a world first technology that makes the new Volvo FM easier to drive.
Filmed in Spain on a closed-off landing field at sunrise in one take.
Directed by Andreas Nilsson
Soundtrack by Enya: Only Time
17 February 2016
Presented by comedian Jay Foreman, this short film follows the progress of an election campaing right up to the polling day and the formation of the coalition government. Jay Foreman visits a constituency in the middle of an election campaign and finds out from the candidates and local young people why it's important to vote and make your voice heard.